Willkommen! Anmelden Ein neues Profil erzeugen

Erweiterte Suche

Translation needed by Scottish Udo fan.

geschrieben von pooksahib 
Translation needed by Scottish Udo fan.
12. August 2016 12:32
Hello. I am sorry that I have to use English but, unfortunately, it is the only language I know. I live in Scotland and became a fan of Udo after buying an internet radio. One of the best 'oldies' stations was based in Germany and, one day, they played Aber Bitte Mit Sahne – a terrific song that made me want to know more about the singer.

It saddened me to discover that Udo had only just died. I watched the TV show about his career (the one with Helene Fischer, Chris de Burgh etc performing his songs) and, though I didn't know what was being said, it was clear how popular Udo is with German speaking people. And so he should be – it's incredible how many superb songs he's written. I would say he's a genius and deserved to be more widely known.

As well as many of his albums, I have some of his concert DVDs, my favourite being Das Letzte Konzert. I really wish I knew what he was saying to the audience in between songs and that is my main reason for joining this forum. If I were to post short clips of his DVDs, would anyone be willing to translate what he's saying to the audience into English?

If so, then vielen dank!
Re: Translation needed by Scottish Udo fan.
12. August 2016 13:08
You bought an internet radio??? Are you sure that you mean it seriously? You can hear radio via internet with any computer or other internet-enabled devices. Maybe this a fake? or a bad joke? - are you sure it isn't???

Nothing for ungut - but these are my thoughts when I read your post.

And - one more question, if you allegedly don't understand german, how you can navigate on this community?????

PS.: Desweiteren ist es natürlich möglich, dass sich englischsprachige Leute seine Lieder anhören, auch wenn sie die deutschsprachigen Texte nicht verstehen. Ich kann mir jedoch nicht gut vorstellen, dass sich jemand, der kein deutsch versteht, eine deutschsprachige TV-Sendung ansieht und von den dort geführten Gesprächen so wie eingeblendeten Ausschnitten kein Wort verstehen würde. Natürlich wäre das auch nicht völlig ausgeschlossen, trotzdem denke ich, dass uns der Ersteller dieses Threads (vorsichtig ausgedrückt), wohl gehörig auf den Arm nehmen und veralbern will! - Und sie/er findet "Aber bitte mit Sahne" als einen < Zitat > "Klasse Song", obwohl sie/er angeblich kein deutsch versteht? ;-)

Und auch das nicht ganz fehlerfreie Englisch (meins ist auch nicht ganz fehlerfrei und lupenrein) spricht meines Erachtens nicht für einen Engländer/Schotten bzw. englischsprachigen Muttersprachler.

Und - dann ist sie/er ein "Fan" und bemerkt erst jetzt, dass Udo Jürgens gestorben ist ... )))) )-:

9-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 12.08.16 15:33.
12. August 2016 16:00
Hello Ines2. Yes, I bought an internet radio. It is perfect for music in the kitchen.

“Nothing for ungut” - sorry, I don't know what that means...

Navigation on the site is easy enough with the help of 'google translate' (and some common sense).

Unfortunately, 'google translate' is not very good at translating long paragraphs so I do not fully understand what you were saying to me in German. I do regard myself as a fan of Udo. I had never heard of him before and it was a sad coincidence that he died at almost the same time that I began my research.
12. August 2016 16:26
My English should be enough for translating an introduction to a song or something like that. Just post it... or send it as a private message here. I'll try a translation then. :-))
12. August 2016 16:55
Danke schön, Silke A., you are very kind to offer. Here are two short clips from Das Letzte Konzert:
[www.dailymotion.com]
[www.dailymotion.com]
12. August 2016 17:41
The first clip:
"Thank you. Thank you very much for the very kind welcome, ladies and gentlemen. It is nice to finish the first part of this tour in that city which meanwhile became my hometown. But it is nice to be here today, to be home today. Thank you for giving that chance to me."

The 2nd:
"Thank you very much. The destiny decides on our thoughts! And this is what the next song is about. And that is a very very important song for me: The life is YOU."
12. August 2016 17:47
I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to get to close to someone. I'm just wondering, that someone was watching the TV-Show (honor to the birthday) - which has also included many talks - but is not interesting too, what was spoken there(?) I'm also wondering, that someone has informed her-/himself about Udo Jürgens and discovered this website and community one year and almost eight months after his dead?

And, by the way, you wrote he was known in german speaking countries. He has performed in many countries around the world! And he composed and recorded an album in the USA.

1-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 12.08.16 18:47.
12. August 2016 19:29
Silke A. - thank you so much!

Ines2 – Yes, I would love to know what was said during the entire TV show but it is too much to ask of anyone. I know it is almost two years since he died but during that time I have been listening to his albums and, of course, doing other things in life. I do not usually buy music DVDs but I decided to buy some of Udo's just last month. When I realised that I would like to know what he was saying between songs, I began to look for a site such as this.

Here is another clip for anyone to have a look at. Danke!
[www.dailymotion.com]
12. August 2016 21:04
No problem, you are welcome!
I'm happy to see people in Scotland love Udo's music and search for more information about him. I hope his music will inspire and reach a lot of people for still a very long time <3

the translation: "Every day we read in the newspapers and listen on TV and on the radio that these interception methods used all over the world in these days, especially and interestingly between countries which are friends... A novelty, it was never like this before: that you wiretap friendly countries! It is a new quality of distrust.
And if this gets a special quality, I ask myself to whom can we still trust?
And for that reason it is so much important that we all care for our personal data to keep being private! And we should do everything for that."
13. August 2016 06:25
I am sure it will. I have played Udo to some of my friends and they like the songs.

Here is another clip. I understand most of it but would like to know what he says about 'Immer Wieder...". Danke.
[www.dailymotion.com]
13. August 2016 10:06
About "Immer wieder geht die Sonne auf" he says that it is a very old song, which was very famous when he published it :-)
13. August 2016 16:11
Thank you. This next clip has a much longer speech by Udo:
[www.dailymotion.com]
13. August 2016 21:10
„Thank you, thank you very much. Many years ago I dared a challenging task in music. I tried to and succeeded in composing a symphonic poem. About a theme, that touched me as well as it occupied my mind. It is about how poeple… how in the end all of us… but mostly how the industry and also the authority in the world deals with the earth’s resources and how they treat the globe.
And I don’t know but whenever I discussed these things with someone I was told: Yes, it is like that because even in the bible we were requested „to subdue the earth“.
Every kind of life… everything that moves or grows… WE should determine every thing happening.
Nobody said: Try to live on this earth with respect! Because if we destroy the world, there won’t be a new one.
This piece of music I created and which I am very proud of… - Herbert von Karajan himself offered the „Berliner Philharmoniker“ to me and I could record it, I was allowed to record it!
And tonight I perform the third piece of the composition. Ladies and gentlemen: Die Krone der Schöpfung!“

Just as an additional explanation for you, pooksahib... maybe you already knew that, but this "Symphonic Poem" includes three songs: Wort (1979), Gehet hin und vermehret euch (1988) and Die Krone der Schöpfung (1999). Wort and Die Krone der Schöpfung were recorded together with the famous German symphonic orchestra "Berliner Philharmoniker" ;-)
15. August 2016 06:53
Thank you, I did not know these three pieces were linked, that is interesting information.

Please do not be offended that I am correcting you – the phrase is 'tame the earth' (not 'subdue').

Here is another clip. And an extra question! Udo says “Vielen sie danke” (I think). What is the difference between 'vielen danke' and 'vielen sie danke'?

[www.dailymotion.com]
15. August 2016 16:03
[de.wikipedia.org]

[de.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

4-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.08.16 18:10.
15. August 2016 17:24
Of course I'm not offended! I am glad about this opportunity to improve my English skills.

Here in this video he says "Vielen herzlichen Dank". Sometimes he says "Dankeschön" or "Vielen Dank" or "Herzlichen Dank". All of them mean something like "Thank you very much" or "Many thanks". Thanks that come from the heart (herzlich). And regarding to Udo the gratitude is real. He was very thankful that after so many years people still wanted him... to see him, to listen to him. He loved and respected his audience very much.

The translation of the clip: „Thank you very much. Now I may introduce a wonderful violinist to you. She is from Moscow. Ladies and gentlemen: Asya Sorshneva.
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we agree in the assessment of men being something really marvellous!!... You see, approval all around here.
In thousands of years men left their marks on the world, they improved the world and they are incredibly able… - really incredibly able… but simply also able for everything.
Therefore of course it is allowed to have a satiric, slightly winking view on this theme. Ladies and gentlemen: Der Mann ist das Problem!“

And let me say a few words about the posting above (Ines2): Don't look at what she is writing! It is just unfriendly things... I don't know what kind of problem she has, but she was already once deleted from this Chat Forum by the website's administrator. So, just don't care about her words ;-)
16. August 2016 06:00
Hi Silke A. and thanks again for your continuing help. It's great that you're willing to do this for me.

I'm sorry to mention 'danke' again but this clip seems to begin the same way as the previous one – 'vielen ??? danke'. Is the middle word really herzlichen? To my ears, it sounds like 'zee'...

Here's the clip:
[www.dailymotion.com]
16. August 2016 09:56
Yes, the middle word is "herzlichen". Fast speaking makes it sound like something else probably... but a German ear can undoubtedly identify it as "herzlichen" ;-))

Translation: „Vielen herzlichen Dank! But of course it is very good that meanwhile times have changed and today women and men meet on the same level… maybe the world will get a little bit more peaceful also from that. It could happen. We all hope so.“
16. August 2016 10:35
Silke A. schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
> And let me say a few words about the posting above
> (Ines2): Don't look at what she is writing! It is
> just unfriendly things... I don't know what kind
> of problem she has, but she was already once
> deleted from this Chat Forum by the website's
> administrator. So, just don't care about her words
> ;-)

siehe:
[forum.udojuergens.de]

[forum.udojuergens.de]

;-)

PS.: Leider haben manche "Fans" nichts von dem gelernt, was Udo Jürgens vermitteln wollte - sondern sitzen stattdessen einem offensichtlichen Fake auf (Der sich als Spielball ausgerechnet das letzte Konzert ausgesucht hat, was mich sehr traurig macht) und greifen andere an.

Ich versuche, wenn möglich, immer höflich und respektvoll zu sein, leider ist es manchmal nicht möglich, weil es Leute gibt, die nicht wollen.

)-:

Zusatzbemerkung:
Da hat jemand seine CDs gekauft und hört alle Lieder an, ohne die Texte zu verstehen, (weil sie oder er - angeblich - kein deutsch versteht). Und da hat sich jemand die Konzert-DVD gekauft und interessiert sich für die Moderationen und Ansagen, aber nicht für die Liedtexte ???

Hinzu kommt auch, dass das hochgeladene Material urheberrechtlich geschützt ist!!! Das hochladen verstößt somit gegen die Copyright-Bedingungen! Das umgehen des Kopierschutzes der DVD kann auch rechtliche Folgen haben ... !

5-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.08.16 16:30.
16. August 2016 11:31
Thanks, Silke A. This next clip is from Ich war noch niemals in New York and I'm keen to know what he says that gets such a reaction from the audience:
[www.dailymotion.com]
16. August 2016 11:55
The song "Ich war noch niemals in New York" contains that part where he mentions a German television show. Throughout the years he varied the actual show. It was already "Dallidalli" or "Wetten, dass...?" or "Superstar"...
This time he chose the trash-tv-show "Bauer sucht Frau". Farmers looking for wives. And everybody is laughing at this!
17. August 2016 07:29
Yes, I googled Dalli Dalli when I first heard this song and suspected that this was a variation of that joke. 'Farmers seeking wives' eh? It's good to know that it's not just the UK that has all these ridiculous shows. There are good ones, though - last year I watched 'Deutschland 83' (it was shown here with subtitles) which was excellent.

Here's another clip (thank you!):
[www.dailymotion.com]
17. August 2016 10:11
@pooksahib,
just one more comment. The DVD contains copyright-protected material! A copy is not allowed.Publishing the DVD or a lot of parts of the DVD is not allowed too. Do you know that? And the DVD is copy-protected (has a copy-protection). To circumvent the copy protection is punishable and may have law consequences! You know that?

3-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.08.16 16:30.
17. August 2016 11:23
Yes, sometimes there are good ones... Dalli Dalli was a good one, too!

the clip: „Let’s play some oldies, okay?!“
„Thank you very very much, ladies and gentlemen. Many thanks!
In life you should always tell yourselves that it is essential to have aims in life. I think that’s the important thing. You don’t need a huge aim. You reach a huge aim only by having had an amount of small aims before!
The song I want to play for you now is named MEIN ZIEL therefore.“
17. August 2016 13:19
[lyricstranslate.com]

;-)

[lyricstranslate.com]
[lyricstranslate.com]

1-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.08.16 14:15.
17. August 2016 16:33
There is no more to be translated from this DVD. Silke A. - you have been very kind indeed. Prost! It's good that there are still nice people in the world. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way...
17. August 2016 17:27
It has nothing to do with unfriendly. But (please note) this is the OFFICIAL homepage/website. And so (it's possible) that many people take a closer look here. And so it is not good to post copyright-protected DVD-material in this community.

PS.: But this is one of the biggest problems in the world - some people think "I'm the most important and so I can do anything, including not legal things."

2-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.08.16 17:40.
17. August 2016 22:42
Hello pooksahib, I sent PM (private mail) to you. You find it in the postbox on the top of this Website, right hand ("Private Nachrichten" ).
22. August 2016 00:17
Hier geht ja die Post ab.
Hab mir nur mal einen "Mikroüberblick" verschafft.

If so, then vielen Dank - nothing for ungut - hört sich lustig an&#128514; Sind das Ausschnitte aus unveröffentlichen Liedern?

Übrigens ist das Lied Griechischer Wein das Lied, das ich sehr oft im Vorbeigehen bei irgendwelchen Festen o.ä. höre und "schätze" es dann nicht.

Auf einer kanarischen Insel hat es auch ein Mann gesungen, da hab ich mich wirklich drüber gefreut.
In diesem Forum dürfen leider nur registrierte Teilnehmer schreiben.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen

aktive Benutzer

Gäste: 62
Anzahl der Gäste: 277 am 13. November 2016